To visit Mongolia, you must first apply for the appropriate visa depending on your purpose of visit. However, if you are a citizen of a country that is part of the visa exemption agreement, then you need not obtain a visa, as long as your stay at Mongolia does not exceed the period allowed under the agreement. For details, please view the LIST OF VISA FREE COUNTRIES.
To begin your Mongolia visa application process, you must submit your application at the Embassy of Mongolia in China. For further information, you can contact us.
ATTENTION: Citizens of countries which are allowed under the visa exemption arrangements, if you intend on staying in Mongolia beyond the period permitted under the exemption, then you must apply for an appropriate visa before travelling.
For quick access to downloading application forms a link has been added for your convenience http://consul.mn/file/Visa_application_form_2018.pdf
Below are the visa fees required for the application of Mongolian visa in China. Visa fee is applicable for all types of visas, including tourist, student, employment, business, etc.
Normal Process: 370 Chinese yuani (5-7 days)
Urgent Process: 740 Chinese yuani (3 working days)
Account Details for Payment
Account holder name: The Embassy of Mongolia
Bank: Bank of China, Head Office
Account number: 778350020264 RMB
SWIFT Code: BKCHCNBJ
Note: For courier, the documents need to be sent in a self–addressed stamped envelope (SASE).
General Requirements for Obtaining a Mongolian VISA
- Completed application form.
- Passport in original (must be valid for a minimum of six months before your intended travel to Mongolia).
- 3.5 x 4.5 cm photo (the size of the photo is mandatory).
- A copy of hotel booking or accommodation information in Mongolia.
- A copy of flight/train tickets.
- Proof of sufficient funds, i.e. bank statements for the recent six months (if necessary).
- The visa fee is to be paid upon submission of application. The fee is non-refundable.
Visa officer may require you to submit additional documents in order for you to prove the purpose of your visit.
With a regular tourist visa you may stay up to 30 days in Mongolia. It may be extended for a further 30 days at the Immigration Agency of Mongolia if you apply for an extension not less than 4 days before the duration of your visa expires.
3 Months Validity – Double Entry 30 Days Stay
For your convenience, we offer both standard and urgent visa processing services. When submitting your visa application, please t
ake into account any public holiday closures.
Mongolia Visa Requirements
- An up to date original passport with a validity of at least 6 months with 2 blank visa pages.
- A completed visa application form with signature.
- One recent passport size color photograph.
- A detailed flight itinerary clearly showing the applicant’s full name.
- Provide proof of hotel booking.
Visa Application Form
When submitting your Mongolia visa application form, make sure you have filled all the requirements. Please note incorrect information or incomplete visa application form can cause delays. In some cases, you may be required to submit a new visa application form.
Please ensure you submit an original passport with a validity of at least 6 months and a minimum of 2 blank visa pages. This will help you avoid any complications and delays at airport check-ins, customs, and immigration checkpoints.
Please provide a recent passport size color photograph taken within the last 6 months. The photo size must be 35mm(Width) x 45mm(Height)
Please ensure you provide a copy of your flight itinerary displaying your full name, with details of your entry and exit dates.
When to Apply
It is recommended you apply for your Mongolia visa from Pakistan within 3 months of your date of arrival to Mongolia.
Visa Validity and Duration
Both single and double entry visas for Mongolia are valid for 3 months from the date of issue. Multiple entry visas are valid for 6 months or 12 months from date of issue, during this period, you are allowed a maximum stay of up to 30 days. You must enter Mongolia within the validity of your visa. Multiple visas are issued by arrangement with the Office for Immigration, Naturalization, and Foreign Citizens (OINFC) in Ulaanbaatar.
Steps to apply for a Mongolia Visa
- Review & Gather Requirements
- Place a lodgment
- Please send your completed, signed application form and all necessary supporting documents to our office.